Earth Day Garden Projects With Children – Earth Day Baby Blog #5
Earth day is all about enjoying the world we inhabit and showing it our love and respect. What better way to honor the world than to contribute to it with the ones you love and show them how wonderfully beautiful it is?
Here are some great garden projects to share your appreciation of the earth with your children.
- Start from Scratch – A superb way to introduce gardening to your children is the bucket garden experiment. Just give each child three things: A big bucket, lots of happy soil, and seeds from their favorite plants and flowers. Put it all together and add water!
- From Plaything to Flower Pot – Old RC cars, stacking toys, aquariums, and whatever else the imagination comes up with can become a plant feeder. Why buy another flower pot when you have an old potty chair?
- Plant a Pizza Garden – Create some excitement with a garden that comes with a pizza guarantee – kids are more willing to plant tomatoes, onions, peppers, and other veggies they love on their ‘zza.
- Use it then Reuse it – There’s great lesson in conservation and creativity in saving all the water bottles you produce this month and turning them into nifty hanging tomato planters.
- Bring in the Butterflies – If your children enjoy butterflies, hummingbirds, or ladybugs, you can plant plants that entice these beautiful creatures.