Baby clothes, blankets, toys, potty trainers, cribs – parents can extend the shelf lives of all these items by creatively repurposing them into all kinds of things: book shelves, porch benches, plant feeders, and new stuffed animals. These projects will have your old baby gear working for you instead of sitting in a dumpster.
- Clothes into Companions – There are so many different items you can make with your baby’s old clothes and blankets. Rather than donating them, you can always consider creating a new stuffed animal, quilt, pillow, or headband for your baby.
- Cribs into Porch Benches – Got an old or broken crib? You can turn that into a beautiful porch bench, with very little work or skill required.
- Toys into Treasure – Reusing toys is just a matter of imagination and creativity. Have extra trucks lying around? They can be used as planters for flowers and succulents in your garden. Or, grab a 2×4 piece of wood and superglue toy figures on to create a coat hanger your kids will love.
- Gear into Cash – If you have extra quality baby gear in excellent condition lying around and want to make some extra income, Babierge awaits. Babierge helps you start your own baby gear rental business renting out cribs, car seats, highchairs, toys and more to traveling families.
- Make it a Contribution – Watch what gets played with and what doesn’t. If it doesn’t get played with then it becomes donation material.